Rt. Hon. Sheriff F. O. Oborevwori
Rt. Hon. (Chief) Sheriff F. O. Oborevwori, (JP) was born on the 19th of June, 1963 to the reputable family of Chief Samuel and Mrs Esther Oborevwori of OSUBI town in Okpe Local Government Area of Delta State, Nigeria. He had his early education at Alegbo Primary School, Effurun. He also attended Aladja Grammar School, Aladja. He later went on to Oghareki Grammar School, Oghareki.
He attended Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma for a full time programme, where he graduated with B.Sc. Second Class (Hons) Upper Division in Political Science. He subsequently pursued his post graduate education at the Delta State University, Abraka, where he obtained a MSc. in Political Science.
Hon. (Chief) Sheriff Oborevwori is a man who had always availed himself to serve others even in the face of daunting challenges.
Consequently, his people had no hesitation when they elected him as Councilor in 1996, and he was subsequently appointed the Supervisory Councilor for Works in Okpe Local Government Council.
Meanwhile, he was the pioneer Chairman of Osubi Community from 1996 to 2003. Following his developmental strides in Osubi Community as well as other contributions to peace and security, he was given the Chieftaincy title of the UKODO of Okpe Kingdom in 2003, by His Royal Majesty, the Orhorho 1, Orodje of Okpe Kingdom.
The Rt. Hon. (Chief) Sheriff F. O. Oborevwori, (JP) is happily married with children.
Hon. (Chief) Sheriff F. O. Oborevwori (JP) has been recognized and awarded by many organizations for his service to humanity, social and traditional institutions, which include:
* Member Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered).
* Chartered Management Consultant, Chartered Institute of Management Consultants, Canada.
* Certificate on Top Executive Leadership Programme, Manchester Business School, Manchester University.
* Certificate on Conflict Resolution in Democracy, Dubai.
* Certificate on Legislative Management and Leadership, International Law Institute (ILI) , Washington DC, USA.
* Certificate on Leading Inclusive Development from London School of Economics And Political Science.
* Merit Award from National Association of Okpe Students (NAOS).
*Merit Award from National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS).
* Certificate of Honour from Okpe Kingdom and other several Awards from different Organisations and Institutions.
– Special Assistant to the Governor of Delta State on Youth Development from 2003-2006.
– Senior Special Assistant on Security to the Executive Governor of Delta State from 2012 to 2014.
– Justice of Peace, 2007.
– Special Adviser to the Governor of Delta State on Land Security, August 2007 to September 2010.
– State Coordinator of the Amnesty Programme, 2009 and 2010.
– Elected Member of the Delta State House of Assembly in 2015 to represent Okpe State Constituency.
– Speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly, May 11, 2017 to May 2023.
– Executive Governor, Delta State, May 29, 2023 till date.